Tuesday, March 9, 2010

P90X...and Yoga

I haven't quit working out, even though I'm not at Jim's Gym anymore. I started shopping around for a gym to join, and I was having a good time taking advantage of each of their 7-day free trials until I found out a neighbor and a friend of his are doing the P90X workout in his basement every morning. I asked my neighbor if I could join them, and he graciously agreed.  I've been doing that program for over a week now.

The P90X program is a 90 day (12 week) program. My neighbor and his friend were on week 3, so that's where I started. I had heard horrible and scary things about how hard P90X was, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The first workout was great, and I was definitely prepared to handle it. Jim's Gym had made me work a lot harder than that first workout. I admit that the workout is tough, and I don't recommend it to anyone who can't meet the minimum requirements for the program. Over the next few days I was going along fine with the P90X workouts, until...BAM! I had to do Yoga!

I've never done Yoga before, but I figured I could do it. Well, I was wrong. I can't really do the Yoga workout very well. I try. My intentions are good, but my body is well below average for it's flexibility. I've done the P90X Yoga workout twice now, and both times have been a humbling experience. I've even purchased Yoga blocks to help. You haven't heard of Yoga blocks? Well, I hadn't either until about a week ago. I get to try them for the first time this week.

I'm trying to keep positive about my Yoga skills, even though I feel so uncoordinated and inflexible while I'm attempting to do it. I guess I just need to trust that if I keep going, I'll get better.

1 comment:

Josh and Nikki said...

Haha! That's so funny... BAM! It does hit ya. Even in the regular P90 program, which is what I do. I barely make it though. Josh does P90X and the yoga kills him too. Just know that you are not alone. :)