Monday, March 29, 2010

My name is NOT Lou!

When Emma was born almost 4 years ago her parents named her Emma Sage. I, for some reason have ALWAYS called her Emma Lou. Last year she decided her name was Emma Ariel. Her parents weren't too supportive of that and told her your name is Emma Sage. So Emma, clever girl that she is decide to just add Ariel on to her name.

Last Saturday I took the girls to the mall to meet grandma and buy Easter dresses. As I was unbuckling Emma from her car seat I said, "there you go Emma Lou." Then I walked to the other side of the van to get Morgan out. Morgan just turned two and has been speaking in sentences for about 6 months. I know she is brilliant, but she also says the funniest things ever!
After unbuckling Morgan she turned to Emma and said, "let's go Lou!" My mouth dropped open and then I had to hold my laughter in as Emma at this point stomps her foot and says, "My name is not Lou, it is Emma Ariel Sage..."

Oh how I love these girls! Lucky for me they live around the corner and I get to see them whenever I want. Also lucky for me I have a great sister who always lets me in!

No comments: