Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sick of being Sick!

It happens every school year but this year we have had enough! Our boys are healthy all summer long, then school starts and they get sick. This year has been especially hard.

About a week into the school year Zack got sick. Then in November it started to get serious. Both boys got the Swine Flu (at different times) and Ty got Strep while Matt and I were in Texas. December seemed fine, but January was horrible. Zack had Strep, Matt had a virus and Ty had a different a virus. February had to be better right? Wishful thinking! Zack once again got sick (and on a weekend too) and Ty had a nasty virus (also on a weekend also).

This morning when Matt went to wake up Zack he said he didn't feel well. It turned out that was an understatement. He slept until noon when I had to wake him to go to the doctor. Our doctor wasn't in today (he took a rare day off, we love our doctor!) so we saw his nurse practitioner. The nurses all welcomed us with a "your back again". Yes, we're back again. After a strep test guess what, it's strep AGAIN! That is two times in a one month period! Arggg! At least we can give him some antibiotics! The nurse practitioner didn't want to mess around with Ty getting sick again as he is still getting over his virus, so she put him on an antibiotic too! Poor Ty has been wiping his nose so much he has rubbed it raw. He even has four little blisters across his upper lip. I feel really bad about this as I know how painful they can be!

Yesterday was also a stressful day for me as I got TWO offers on a listing only to my sellers decide they didn't want to sale after all. That is a bit frustrating after spending a couple of months working on it!

All I can say is come on March you have to be better than January and February!

2 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I am genuinely sorry. It can't get any worse for you. Thanks for putting my button at the top of your side bar. It means a lot to me.

Nicole said...

Oh I am so sorry you guys have had ALL those nasty sicknesses. I bet you can't wait for spring/summer. Hope you guys are doing better. You will be in our prayers.