Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Challenger


Ty has wanted a football nickname for a while now. Zack's team uses nicknames and Ty really wants one! He has come up with a few but I had to veto them. I just couldn't see myself sitting in the bleachers yelling "Good job Killer" or "Nice hit crazy monkey".

If you know Ty at all you know he is VERY persistant. He just won't drop it until he gets what he wants. It is very tiring, so on one particially trying afternoon his nickname came to me in a flash. The Challenger! It is perfect. Think about it. I say "go take a shower" he says "can I bath?" I say "come here" he asks why. I say "Let's do your reading" he says I'll read with dad when he gets home. I say "don't hit that" he stops hitting and starts tapping. The Challenger!

And so my life is pretty peaceful until about 3:30 when "the Challenger" gets home from school. Some days are better than others but I am constantly praying for patience. Maybe I'll try Nicole's methood and "kill him with kindness."

1 comment:

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Great picture of Ty. I love the nickname. I think it has something to do with being the second boy, Drew is definately our "Challenger."