Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why is it this place makes you feel like a loser?

One of my favorite things about my gym are the amazing people I have met.

Today while finishing up an extremely sweaty and exhausting routine my friend and I were told to get on the bikes for a 1/2 mile. As my friend went to get on her bike she stumbled a bit. While laughing and getting situated on the bike, she looked at me and asked "why is it this place makes you feel like such a loser?"

It is a good question and one I have often pondered. Am I really not that coordinated or have I really not improved much in the year I have be going? What is it?

Here's what I think it is. Our trainer always wants you to go bigger, stronger, faster, deeper. He never lets you get comfortable! NEVER! So yes many times during a session I think "why can't I do this?" or "why am I not stronger" or "why is running still so challenging?" The answer, because I am exhausted! I have been doing upside down military presses, hundreds of sit ups, dozens of squats/lunges, biked and run miles at increasing speeds and all to the tune of no stopping and no water breaks.

So my good friend Kolette, Congratulations, We are Amazing! Thanks for keeping me coming back and feel like maybe I'm not a loser, I'm just exhausted!

Kolette is an amazing person! She has overcome MANY challenges in her life and everytime I see her I think "this is what a valiant daughter of God is like." She is truly inspirational!

To see Kolette's blog go to http://kolettehall.wordpress.com/
Make sure to click on "getting fit" to read about her boot camp experiences. The one entitiled the Mantra is a must read!

No comments: