Friday, September 17, 2010

You want me to do what?



Exercise Animations

This is a pull up/dip machine similar to the one we use in the gym. The platform she is kneeling on folds down so you can do dips/pull ups free style. Matt can do those-not me.

Anyway on Wednesday Jim had the platform folded down. He said okay Becky, now I want you to hold onto the top bar and hang straight to the floor. Okay, easy enough except I was not quite tall enough, my tip toes barely reached the ground. Now I want you to keep your legs straight and using your abs bring your feet up above your head. Ummm...What? I totally thought he was kidding because he likes to mess with new people and tell them to do crazy things but he has never been able to pull one over on me. One of his favorites is do a pull up then flip over backward and land on the ground. Yup he's a funny guy!

I said are you serious? He said yes you only have to do 10 and you can pause in between. He then demonstrated the exercise. I thought okay, lets give it a try. For my first try, I did okay. No my legs were not straight, that was a minor detail that went out the window as I struggled to hang on while dangling there. I did get my feet at least chest level each time. After doing 30 (10 reps 3 times) I could definitely feel "the burn."

Now that I have had time to think about the process I know I can do better and look forward to the next try. I will have to concentrate on keeping my legs straight and using only my abs, but I know I will do better.

No comments: