
This week an amazing sister in our ward past away. Her name was Sally Gibson and she was amazing! Sally would have turned 80 years old this November. She has lived in our neighborhood only a couple of years but it didn't take long for us to realize and appreciate the jewel she was!
Sally started having health problems last year and learned after testing that she had a blood disorder. None of the treatments worked. She was confined to her home for months while her blood counts and her immune system were down. During those months we missed Sally a lot at church and activities! Then after months we knew she wasn't going to get better and you know what...Sally was excited! I mean EXCITED, she planned her funeral, said good bye to her family and friends, gave specific instructions to the Bishop, put a do not resuscitate sign on the refrigerator, and got her life in order.
Then guess what, Sally got better! She was able to come to church again and have visitors. It was SO good to have her with us again. The funny thing was Sally was actually a little ticked off that she got better. One day she said to me, "Becky, I miss my husband, I have done my temple work and all that I have been sent here to do. I am ready to go home." She had amazing strength and faith!
This last Thursday Sally did go home. Here's how I found out. I was riding my bike past her house on my way to the gym. As I got closer to her house I saw people outside talking and pacing. I thought "Oh, Sally you have gone, haven't you?" Just then the morticians wheeled the body out of the house. I pulled my bike over and watched for just a few seconds, wiped my eyes, and gave a little "you go girl" whisper to my good friend who taught me so much!
I can not even put into words the rejoicing that happened in Heaven that day! We will miss Sally, but I am so grateful to have know her and had her in my life for a short time!
No comments:
Post a Comment