
Today April 29,2010 Ty and I went on a field trip to the Wetlands in West Layton with his 4th grade class. I mention the date because it snowed and hailed on us almost the entire time. Why is it still snowing in April?! Our tour guide was an older lady who loves, loves, loves her job, the wetlands, and science. She was determined that we still get the full tour even though it was freezing! My favorite quote was by a 10 year old boy who said, "oh my gosh, I'm going to get frostbitten!"

The only thing that saved us and got us out of the cold was the thunder. When that happened she said we needed to get on the buses asap. We were all overjoyed to hear this because it had just started to hail really hard! Needless to say, I didn't get a picture of our scramble back to the bus (after a 2 hour tour). When I finally reached the bus I looked like a snowman. My clothes were soaked!

A little snow on the boardwalk at the start of our tour.

The sun tried to peek out for a few minutes.

When all was said and done, we went back to school and ate lunch in the class room. It wasn't a great field trip but I got to spend the day with Ty so it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment