Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Feeling like a bat

Jim has a bench that we use for sit ups, bench press, etc. We use this bench almost daily. The incline can be adjusted to different sets of difficulty. Sometimes its a slight incline for large sets of sit ups (60 3x's) and sometimes, well... I feel like a bat hanging from my feet.



Yesterday we used the bench to do bench presses. It is rather comical climbing onto the bench. First I had to duck under the weights, then I had to get my knees up and over the first bar and my feet under the second while "gracefully" rolling onto the bench. It is quite a feat to get into position! Then the actual exercise beings. It is quite an interesting sensation to bench pressing 65 pounds upside down as all the blood rushes to my head! The best way to "dismount" the bench is to simply roll off. Not very graceful but at least I didn't hit my head on the bar!

No comments: