Tuesday, January 17, 2012
You want me to do what?
So I have a new calling or I should say an additional calling. My first is Sunday school teacher for the 14-18 year old's and I love it. Then they asked me to do something I never saw coming, I think Heavenly Father is just so funny! Remember when Ty graduated from Cub scouts to Boy scouts? I told everyone that I went home and danced on the table that I would NEVER have to attend another boring pack meeting again. Guess what? They asked me to be the Cub Master! What? I never saw that coming! Now that the shock has worn off and I've had time to research, plan and decided we didn't want to move, I decided to embrace the opportunity and be the best Cub Master they have ever had. My biggest worry was I have to wear the uniform and tuck in my shirt. I haven't tucked in my shirt in 16 years! Oh well last Saturday was my first meeting, the Pinewood Derby. It went well and the boys had fun so I guess I will be tucking in my shirt once a month and doing silly things all for a group of 8-10 year old boys! Next up Blue and Gold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, Becky!
Love it and YOU! Perfect!
Those lucky guys!
I LOVE your post! I didn't see being called as a cub scout leader .... twice! Once when Nikki was just a baby and I was pregnant with Roxanne and then again when Jeff was in the Bishopric in this ward - I asked if they were teasing me (possibly Heavenly Father was trying to balance out my life with all the girl stuff) and then went home and cried! The boys were great and it turned out alright. Good for you to embrace it - you know if you had moved that would not have mattered - you would have been called to that calling in your new ward!
This is not my first go round with the scout program. I have been a bear leader, webeloes leader, even 11 year old leader which was hard. I mean I had to teach orienteering by the stars, hello that wasn't in my young women book. Everything has gone pretty well so far except when I asked a male committee leader to help out and he told me that wasn't his job. Okay so maybe I'm just use to working with women who do help each other. I'm still a little miffed about his attitude. Maybe I can have him released hehe.
Post a Comment