I''m pretty sure you all know about Matt's new obsession. That's right rugby has officially taken over our house! It all started last year with a combination of things. 1. Ty saw the movie "Forever Strong" and 2. The running UTE's were in the national televised sevens tournament that they ended up winning! After these two events Ty was relentless in finding a club to play with. He found some in Salt Lake but I told him that was too far to drive him everyday for games and practices. After a lot of research we found a club that was going to get started in Davis county for the summer.

The Davis county "club" turned out to be 7 players ages 8-12. Not much of a club but with a lot of work, phone calls and practices they are growing. I think they are now up to about 11 players. Of course they needed a coach so Matt jumped right in . I can now say the work on our house has sadly, almost come to a complete stop. (and we're so close too, just one more room!)

May I present to you the Davis county "Flaming Silver backs".
Here they are before their first game trying to get "pumped up". Their season thus far has been one of bumps, bruise, learning, and large Tongans!

The boys are still having fun and getting much better, they even won a little white team from Utah county. That's right bring on the little white boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment